Questions and Answers


Q.   Will I be qualified to practice after graduating from the Diploma            course?

A.  Yes, you will be qualified to practice and you will also be entitled          to register on the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR).

The GHR is overseen by the GHSC (see below) and is responsible for its day  to day administration together with the implementation of all  GHSC decisions. It is a professional association and register of       practicing hypnotherapists, comprising in excess of 3,000 UK                 based individual practitioners, together with registered                           therapists in some 35 countries around the world, which can be           viewed via our online hypnotherapy directory. We are                               additionally a verifying organisation for those practitioners who         wish to register within the Hypnotherapy section of the                             profession’s Voluntary Regulator, the Complementary & Natural       Healthcare Council, set up with Department of Health funding.


Q.  It is a minefield when trying to choose a trainer for                                        hypnotherapy, why should I choose your academy?

A.  Our Academy is part of the General Hypnotherapy Standards                Council

The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) and General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) are the UK’s largest and most prominent organisations within the field of Hypnotherapy and together present an exemplary model for the simultaneous protection of the public and the provision of practitioner credibility and services. The GHSC is responsible for overseeing the criteria for the ongoing registration of individual practitioners within the GHR, all complaints brought by the public against such registered practitioners and for the assessment and accreditation of hypnotherapy training courses which lead to that registration. It comprises more than 140 separate affiliated Professional Bodies & Training Schools, which can be viewed via our online hypnotherapy directory.


Q.  I have heard some people take courses then immediately set up a        a  training company.  This is really disconcerting.    What                              qualifications and experience do your instructors have?

A.  I (Paul Henderson) currently teach all hypnotherapy courses. I              have a degree in psychology  (specializing in child                                           development and social psychology), advanced diplomas in                      hypnotherapy, NLP Practitioner, Master Practitioner and                         Trainer certification  and a diploma in counselling.  I am an                         accredited member of the National Council of Psychotherapists,             and have taught counselling and hypnotherapy courses for the             last 15 years. In addition, I have written and published four books.       and have been interviewed on TV and radio on several occasions.


Q.   Where do the course take place?

A.    Currently, Rhyl (North Wales), and Liverpool (Merseyside)


Note: if you have any additional questions, please fill in the comments box below and submit. I will be glad to answer your questions

Home of Self-Development